5 Summer Salad Recipes: Light, Fresh, Easy
Summer is in full swing and that means the southern heat is here to stay! I love an easy meal, that is also quick, healthy and delicious. One of our week night faves is a light and refreshing Summer salad. Today I’m sharing five easy Summer salad recipes for you to add to your menu this season!
There are a million great Summer salad recipes out there, but my favorites always include fresh greens, in season fruits and veggies, a yummy protein and a light dressing. Throw in some creamy cheese and I’m hooked!
Some nights I’ll make a giant bowl for the family to serve themselves from and sometimes I’ll prep all the options and let the family have a DIY salad bar. Often the kids like to pick their own toppings and by putting out 90% healthy options – I know they’re eating a delicious and well balanced dinner. While chicken is often my protein of choice, grilled shrimp is a great alternative. It’s light, fresh and adds the perfect crunch to any salad. Lately, I love adding it to this Balsamic Fruit Salad.
Grilled Shrimp Balsamic Salad
- 1 Package Greens of Choice
- 2 lbs Shrimp thawed, raw, tail off
- 4 Wood Skewers
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Fruit of Choice, washed & cut I recommend watermelon and blueberries
- 2 Avocados diced
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese or cheese of choice
- Balsamic Dressing of Choice
- Heat grill to medium heat, soak skewers in cold water
- Combine all spices, wash shrimp & pat dry, coat in seasoning mixture and place on skewers
- Place skewers on grill and cook about 2 minutes per side, until no longer pink
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and top with cooked shrimp
- Toss in dressing or serve on the side, enjoy!
See! So simple and yet so delicious. You can really make this recipe your own as well – change out the fruit, add in some grilled corn, onions or fresh tomatoes, the possibilities are endless! We love this balsamic dressing. I like to throw some french bread in the oven, it’s the perfect crust, warm side.
If you’re not a shrimp fan, you can easily swap out the protein or check out these delicious salad ideas below:
Which one do you want to try first? A salad is also a great meal to prep for a cookout or dinner party. You can chop and cook most things ahead of time, then just assemble right before your guests arrive! A salad doesn’t always include lettuce – check out number four. This avocado heavy dish is like a fresh taste on guacamole!
If you try any of these recipes, tag me on social media so I can see how they turn out! You can find more easy meals here.