Think outside of the box, the lunch box that is! August is just a couple days away and that means it’s back to school month! Whether you’re going back full time, part time or homeschooling – feeding your kids can get tedious, boring and expensive. Don’t fret! Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite easy and affordable school lunch ideas + 4 others I found on Pinterest to try this month.
If you really want to ‘Mom-Hack’ these lunch ideas, you can meal prep these or double up your dinner recipe for leftovers! That’s one thing I love about these delicious Chicken Fajita Wraps. We can make Fajitas for dinner and then I can repurpose the leftovers for one of my favorite quick, easy and affordable back to school lunch ideas.
These Fajita wraps are a great alternative to your traditional PB & J, plus you can sneak in some avocado and bell peppers for added nutrition! Pair with some tortilla chips, salsa and a little dessert for a lunch your child will love! Don’t worry, they are delicious and even easier than you think to make.
Chicken Fajita Wraps
- 4 Chicken Breasts raw, thawed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Dried Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Bell Pepper sliced
- 6 Tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil and lime juice with all spices
- Add in chicken strips and sliced bell peppers, let marinate for 10 minutes
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add in chicken mixture
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through
- Add mixture to tortillas
- Place into baggies or tupperware, before adding to lunch box, add additional toppings and enjoy!
See how easy! This can also make a delicious weeknight dinner as well. I love to add some lettuce, avocado and cheese the morning before school for a yummy wrap. You could also pair with black beans, rice or a small salad for a complete meal. What would you add to yours? Check out these other fun lunch options below!
Which ones will you try first? You have to let me know what you think if you try any of these options! I hope you have a smooth transition back to school, if you’re feeling anxious you can check out these bible verses to help with anxiety.